Best Spinning Reel Under $100 For 2017
Fishing has always been a very integral part of our culture. It is a great way to spend those holidays with your loved ones over some cold beers near the local fishing spot.If you are looking for the best spinning reel under 100, then that is the special side for you.
It is a nostalgic reminder of how every father-son memory of the generation began here behind the fishing rods. And recently, fishing has become quite a competitive sport among enthusiasts. And saying that people take their fishing seriously would be a pure understatement.If you are a little careful with the details, you just might land the Best Spinning Reel Under $100 .Needless to say, having a great fishing rod is important. And the best fishing rods begin with the best spinning reels. It is the spinning reel that transforms a long stick into a functional tool. Knowing how expensive spinning reels can be, I will dedicate this article to pursuing the Best Spinning Reel Under 100 dollars so that it is more affordable, accessible and appealing to the lot.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Spinning Reels Under 100
- 2 Top 5 Best Spinning Reel Under 100
- 3 Reasons why you could Really use a Spinning Reel Under $100
- 4 What to Consider When Buying the Best Spinning Reel Under 100
- 5 Say “no” Backward motion
5 Best Spinning Reels Under 100
NEW! KastKing Assassin Carbon Baitcasting Reel (Editors' Choice)
Penn Battle II Spinning Reel (Most Popular)
Okuma Trio Ladies Edition Spinning Reel
Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel (6.2:1)
Penn Squall Level Wind Reel
Top 5 Best Spinning Reel Under 100
Okuma Avenger ABF Graphite Bait Feeder Reel
Piscifun Sword Fly Fishing Reel
Abu Garcia BMAX2 Black Max BaitcastReel
Zebco Omega ZO3PRO Spincast Fishing Reel
Piscifun Steel Feeling Spinning Fishing Reel (Editors' Choice)
Inspira Carbon Frame Lightweight Spinning Reel, Blue
Reasons why you could Really use a Spinning Reel Under $100
You can truly value a spinning reel if you have comparisons against it. Basically, there are 3 types of fishing reels: spin cast reel, baitcasting reel, and of course, the spinning reel. Here are a few benefits of choosing a spinning reel over the former two:
- Spinning reels are probably the most common and popular choice of fishing rods among anglers. This is because they are ideal for catching fishes that small to medium in size like the redfish, crappie and bass. This makes the spinning reel great for beginners and amateurs.
- It has a fixed spool underneath the rod which is drawn out by the weight of the lure. This fixed spool is great because you do not have to cope with the complications of having to change it.
- One of the most important reasons behind the spinning reel being the most preferred reel is due to its versatility with lures and tackle. Numerous types of tackles can be used on a spinning reel, including artificial and live baits. And because spinning reels are best for lighters lures only, this makes throwing the lure very far so much easier. And factors like wind and current only work to its advantage by taking the lure further.
- Spinning reels are great for both right-handers and left-handers since the reel can be swapped on both sides.
These are just some of the advantage of owning a spinning reel. More benefits include bait-less fishing, easier handling than bait casting reel, and better accuracy than a spin cast reel. If these are just the advantages that come with a very basic low-priced spinning reel then you can only imagine what the best spinning reel under 100 can do for you!
What to Consider When Buying the Best Spinning Reel Under 100
To make sure you hit the bull’s-eye picking the right one for yourself at the right price, look out for these key points before purchase. And if you are a little careful with the details, you just might land the Best Spinning Reel Under $100. Here is your checklist:
Adjustable pull or Drag
The drag of your reel pulls on the fish when it has been lured and lets you give put line when required. Needless to say, having a smooth and smart drag system is crucial for a good spinning reel. The drag system should allow the line to be pulled smoothly and without any jerks and bumps. If possible, get yourself a spinning reel with a front drag system.
Size your Reel
The size of your reel should vary with the weight of your line. The lighter the line, the smaller the reel. A 10-pound test line should be the highest weight and diameter to be used on any spinning reel.
Say “no” Backward motion
Reversing the handle, even a little, can cost you a great and reliable hood set. You should be able to stop the reel immediately without having it play in reverse.
Ball bearings are what make the reel work smoothly and seamlessly. The more, the better. If you can afford it, then one with at least 4 stainless steel ball bearings. You will easily get the Best Spinning Reel Under $100 with enough ball bearings.
Reel Gear Ratio
Gear ratio refers to the number of times the ball rotates around the spool. For instance, a ball that rotates around the spool 3 times for every one single turn of the handle would be identified as a 3:1 gear ratio. For a spinning reel, 5:1 is most recommend.
Trial and Error
A great spinning reel will not just drop by your vision like it was there waiting its whole life for you to arrive. You have to scour the choices and options. Check the feature, consider the type of fishing you do, the type of fishes you catch and the type of waters you fish in before purchasing. Try out a few spinning reels, cast out a few lines, and most importantly, never hesitate to take the seller’s or an expert’s help.
These are some of the things you should refer to when purchasing a good spinning reel. Good news is that you can find some pretty neat reels that will not burn a through your wallet. In fact, you can check-mark all of these points, find added features, enjoy more variety and still return home happy with the Best Spinning Reel Under 100.